Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

charitable trust UK AML Policy Template

Options
bordercars
bordercars Posts: 1,353 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
I am part of a team in our small museum, we saw the need for a card terminal and due to us being a registered charity have provided our constitution document. We have had some further requests for info come back and appreciate we need to have procedures in place. Where might I find any templates and guidelines to fulfil the request. Most donations are sub £5 would we set a limit as too when the procedures come into force? 
We are a very small group with a donation turnover of £500 and gift shop sales of £1000 we hope to increase or maintain at the very least with a terminal finding more people don't carry cash these days. 

Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
CCC Play Off Winners 2010

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    @bordercars

I don't understand this - we run with a couple of SumUp's and a GWDevices  and don't recall needing these processes

Are you a Registered Charity ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look where Google's sent me!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/money-laundering-regulations-your-responsibilities#:~:text=A%20policy%20statement%20is%20a,the%20threat%20of%20money%20laundering.

I think this should help. Clearly donations and Gift Shop sales are unlikely to be used for laundering money, and I don't recall anything in our cash counting policies at church to indicate that we should identify donors of larger amounts - £100+ would be rare but not unheard of. 

Another suggestion is to look and see what's available here: https://trustadvice.org.uk/free-resources/

A phone call to them could prove helpful for the other questions, although perhaps no more than a "this doesn't happen" statement would do the job for the last ... Thing is, what if it does, what if someone rocks up, loves the place and wants to drop a large amount of money in your coffers? 
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • bordercars
    bordercars Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sue, will be looking at the links, I don't understand why were being asked . maybe its because instead of going for the almost free terminals this one is an actual merchant account but so much cheaper to use, not helpful when we could end spending £'s on documentation. what ive found thus far is guidelines not an actual template, hope your links are more useful. 
    Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
    CCC Play Off Winners 2010
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No-one is going to give you a completely usable template, and the guidelines probably vary quite widely. (As an aside, the new payroll provider's AML checks might have included wanting father's and siblings' first names for one of the directors ... they seem to have backed down from this now! But not something I have EVER met before!)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure