🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How long to wait before applying?

Options
I've just applied for a Mint card because I needed to BT about £3000. I've been accepted but unfortunately they've only given me a £1000 credit limit and won't consider increasing it until I've had the card for about 3 months (by which time I probably won't be able to BT to them at a promotional rate).

I've used this to clear my HSBC card (which had £2000 credit limit) and closed that (after asking if they could offer any BT deals, but all they offered was 16.9%).

So, I plan to apply for another card (probably Virgin) to transfer the remaining £1900 from my Egg card (£2500 credit limit) but I'm wondering how long I should wait, considering that I've just applied for and got one new card and closed another.

I've also reduced my credit limit with a mail-order company from £1300 to £300, so hopefully that should help when I do apply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport