An extra 200,000 homeowners on universal credit are now eligible for state help with their mortgage repayments as changes to the 'support for mortgage interest' scheme have kicked in today (3 April). It means you might be able to get help covering a portion of your monthly mortgage repayments if you're struggling.
Read the full story:
'On universal credit and struggling to pay your mortgage? Check if you can get help with the interest as Government scheme is expanded'
If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
MSE News: Mortgage support scheme (SMI) changes kick in
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards