Does HSBC allow this...Let to Buy Scenario

Options
Salary £55k

HSBC Residential 185k MTG vs 240k Value (75/80% LTV) move to consent to let, maybe move to buy to let straight away with them, or until I am able to move onto it when 75% LTV?, rental will be around 900 - 950 a month.

New Residential Purchase with HSBC 180k MTG vs 200k value.

Comments

• JMA74
    JMA74 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They would not move to Btl even at 75% ltv as that rent only supports a max loan of £139k on a 5yr fix and basic rate tax.
    They may do consent to let but this will be down to them as its over 75% there will be more of a sanity check as to why you can't sell.

As ctl is designed for situations where you are moving back after a short period, doing a new purchase with them is unlikely to be a good look
    I am a Mortgage Adviser 
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • housebuyer143
    housebuyer143 Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 April 2023 at 8:00AM
    Options
    As above, you won't get enough loan based on that rent. The numbers do not work so it's not a good rental investment. Why don't you want to sell it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback