Cost of non residential care

Hi forum,

my elderly mum is in receipt of pension credit and attendance allowance and her social housing rent and council tax are paid by the council. She also has about £500 in personal savings;

Mum is likely to need the help of daily carers to help her in her home and her care assessment by her local council is scheduled shortly.

My question is will she have to pay / contribute anything towards the costs of her care? Would anything be taken from her attendance allowance or pension credit?.

Many Thanks


  • Nothing is taken directly from PC  or AA,  but her AA will be included as income when the calculations are made.

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • CalJo99
    CalJo99 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post
    I strongly recommend you consult Carers UK. The website has a lot of detailed information on such issues, and the forum is brilliant (full of folk who have trodden in your shoes.)
  • AsifM068
    AsifM068 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Many thanks all
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards