Warning - VW Golf M8 Indicators.

Options
Love the car - not the effect the indicators are having though !!!
Bought it a few months ago and it's this one particular feature that's making me write this !

Front and rear indicators (not the wing mirror ones) are, more often than not, being missed by other motorists when i'm indicating my intent - and then i'm either on the receiving end of a long swearing rant or much horn blowing and gesticulating.

Mirror - signal - manoeuvre.
I'm not one that brakes, then signals intent.

Daily this scenario is happening and it's starting to wear a bit thin now.

So, other motorists ...... please look for smaller sized indicator lights aswell as those that are not positioned around the outside rim of the whole light unit.

Thank you 👍

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 April 2023 at 12:30PM
    Options
    I have an issue with some cars where the indicator is placed so close to the headlight that it makes it very difficult to see sometimes, but those on Mk8 Golfs are absolutely fine. Going on the state of driving at the moment I would guess the issue is less the lights and more other road users lacking attention (unless you happen to be one of those who think indicators trump right of way, but I suspect not if this is only a recent occurrence).
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,035 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 April 2023 at 11:12AM
    Options
    I have commented on them to MrsM. Personally I don't like them, they tend to get lost "in the noise".  I don't think the scrolling indicators are as effective as a single flashing lamp.
    Another one is the Kia Sportage where they put the rear light cluster at eye level but put the indicators below the bumper line.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @molerat getting lost in the noise is a good description, very accurate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback