Self employed contractor

Options
Hi I’ve been told yesterday that our medical practice is closing down in a few months. It is not the company gone into liquidation etc. I started with them in October and signed an “agreement” and only work part time on self employed basis. I’ve been in discussions for me to be relocated to a different site. However if I do not accept these positions am I entitled to redundancy pay or gesture of good will? Thank you

Comments

• TheSpiddalKid
    Options
    If you are self-employed, then you are not entitled to redundancy. If any exgratia or severance payments are due, this will be outlined in your agreement. But there are no statutory payments due if contractual notice is served properly.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even if you were employed, statutory redundancy requires 2 years service which the OP won't have, given they only started in October
    https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights/redundancy-pay
  • tightauldgit
    tightauldgit Posts: 2,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mandy87w said:
    Hi I’ve been told yesterday that our medical practice is closing down in a few months. It is not the company gone into liquidation etc. I started with them in October and signed an “agreement” and only work part time on self employed basis. I’ve been in discussions for me to be relocated to a different site. However if I do not accept these positions am I entitled to redundancy pay or gesture of good will? Thank you
    If you're a contractor then anything you are entitled to will be set out in the contract. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback