Accrued Holiday During Notice

Options
Hi all

I've done a search on this but would someone kindly show me how to calculate my leave entitlement when I leave the company please

I'm being made redundant on the 10th April and receive 28 days leave + Stats. The company has allowed me to use 3.5 days leave not taken last year (due to a large project Nov/Dec) so I won't be using any of my 2023 entitlement during my notice period.

Would someone advise on the days I can expect to be paid for, I understand its taxed and also capped at £571 as the redundancy pay.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The only cap of £571 that I know of is a cap to PILON paid by the Redundancy Payment Service if the employer is unable to pay.

• tizerbelle
    tizerbelle Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The £571 cap is the maximum average weekly pay for statutory redundancy pay calculations.  It does not apply to holiday pay.

Assuming your holiday year runs from 1 Jan, I estimate you would be entitled to ((28+8)/365)*(31+28+31+10) = 9.7 days.  Your employer may calculate differently.  They may not apportion the bank holidays  - which would end up as 7.7 days holiday left.  You will need to ask them how they do it.  As long as they exceed the statutory requirement (which would be 7.7 days including bank holidays) then they can calculate it how they like.

• tat40
    tat40 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks all - appreciated
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business