Old football programs and books

Looking to sell collection of football programs and books 

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Looking to sell collection of football programs and books 
    They are a difficult sell now, you might be better off trying Facebook marketplace , the eBay fees might be too high for the sort of prices you are likely to get. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  •  The last time I looked at the football programmes market one of the biggest dealers only wanted to buy pre 1955 programmes
  • walwyn1978
    walwyn1978 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you go on Facebook and join a supporters group for the team/teams who you have programmes for you are more likely to be in touch with people who are interested in programmes. 

I agree with soolin that they’re a hard sell right now, most stuff from the last 20-30 years unless signed or a very special game will be under £1 - a lot of programmes going back to 1990ish were going on my team’s FB supporters group for £1 for 3 or 50p each, just to give you an idea 
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,816 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I had to clear out a load of 30-40 year old programmes from my deceased brothers house. 

I offered them free to the relevant team supporters club but they weren't interested in taken them off my hands and told me only pre-1960's one were in any demand. 

They ended up in the paper recycling. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I had to clear out a load of 30-40 year old programmes from my deceased brothers house. 

I offered them free to the relevant team supporters club but they weren't interested in taken them off my hands and told me only pre-1960's one were in any demand. 

They ended up in the paper recycling. 
    My son had box loads and we joined a couple of supporter forums only to find about half the posts were people trying to flog, or even give away their football programmes.

I suspect rather than charity shop them, they have ended up back in a box in my storage somewhere !
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    soolin said:

I suspect rather than charity shop them, they have ended up back in a box in my storage somewhere !
    In a few decades they'll be considered old and have acquired some value!

• Old football programmes do come up at auction.
    Look here there are a few lots coming up this Saturday.

Arthur Johnson & Son | Upcoming Auctions | The Saturday Auctions 1st April 2023
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A few years ago I picked up 100s for free, thinking I had got a bargain.
    I sold a couple individually but not many. After several months I sold the remainder as a job lot for about a tenner
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback