🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EDF Eastern E7

Options
ispookie666
ispookie666 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Anyone know why EDF E7 eastern region has lower night time tariff. 
I'm with octopus on E7 and compared to it the EDF rate is 6p less. My day:night split is 5 : 95 % .  
“Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump

Comments

• Mstty
    Mstty Posts: 4,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 26 March 2023 at 7:19AM
    Options
    It could be that there a large amount of rural communities in the Eastern region and EDF are doing their bit to help customers out especially the elderly E7 rural properties and increase customer base in that region. (However I don't know how this compares to the other regions)

I like to think companies are being nice but it's a double edges sword no doubt an opportunity to expand.

It's been mentioned quite a lot on this board over the past few months to be honest. Great rate for those with battery storage and EVs as well.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    I did see the rates a little bit lower but the difference from 1st April has actually made me reconsider it.
    Running a crude maths seems to suggest the price difference will be around £200.  

I think i'll wait till the end of summer and see how the prices are going and if any new tariffs are coming on the horizon.  

The SEG I get from Octopus is 4.1  :/ 

System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,131 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 26 March 2023 at 11:37AM
    Options
    I think the answer is that none of the energy companies will have the cheapest tariff for every individual household at any one time, 
  • matt_drummer
    matt_drummer Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I did see the rates a little bit lower but the difference from 1st April has actually made me reconsider it.
    Running a crude maths seems to suggest the price difference will be around £200.  

I think i'll wait till the end of summer and see how the prices are going and if any new tariffs are coming on the horizon.  

The SEG I get from Octopus is 4.1  :/ 

Can i ask why you only get 4.1p for export?

I thought you could get 15p from Octopus?
  • ispookie666
    Options
    @matt_drummer I had setup SEG before joining octopus and they refused to move me to the SEG tariff for Octopus customers after joining.  

• matt_drummer
    matt_drummer Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I see.

I have had a lot of extra panels and batteries fitted in the last month in preparation for my ASHP.

I receive FIT payments for my original panels that were installed in 2014.

I am already an Octopus customer and now I have my MCS and DNO paperwork I have applied to give up my deemed export and receive SEG, I am expecting to get 15p per Kwh on outgoing Octopus.

I have a similar set up to you, 10 Kwp of panels and 38 Kwh of Givenergy ac coupled battery storage.

I also have three air to air heat pumps.

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,696 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone know why EDF E7 eastern region has lower night time tariff. 
    I'm with octopus on E7 and compared to it the EDF rate is 6p less. My day:night split is 5 : 95 % .  
    There is another thread on this subject happening at the moment. 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6435270/economy-7-and-april-increases-are-crazy#latest
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure