Replacement blind

Hi there 
My family and I have lived in a house owned by a private landlord for the last 26yrs.
The velux skylight window was replaced in our kitchen complete with blind not long after we moved in. 
This week I opened the blind only for it to fall down.
On investigation it appears that 2 lugs holding blind in place have   broken possible due to age.
I have contacted agent who works on behalf of the landlord asking for a fitter to replace said blind only to be told "we do not fit or supply blind,curtains or any other window dressing and its too far back gor unto check".
This I believe to be true on any new properties they rent out but what if any course of action do I have as far as I'm concerned I never asked for said blind and it was fitted by the company tradespeople at that time.

Comments

• Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 873
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Find a supplier of Velux blinds and tell them what window you have - it might have details on a plate on the edge of the window so they'll be able to tell you what you need. 
  • I would suggest speaking to a blind company online, I have used a website for curtains and blinds before and they were really helpful, I sent them images and got some really good advice
  • CSI_Yorkshire
    CSI_Yorkshire Posts: 1,792
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    heybert56 said:
    what if any course of action do I have as far as I'm concerned I never asked for said blind
    What do you actually want?  A new blind?  No blind?

Seems like it's done well to last 26 years.
  • There is a directory of blind fitters on this website,  maybe worth talking to someone local to you?

I can't post links as I am new, search The Blind Tailor Fitter Locator
  • You need a local blinds shop that does Velux and they will have the spare fixing component
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback