0% 0 votes
North America Equity Index 3
12% 1 vote

Comments

• dozywalia
    dozywalia Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Please comment if there are any others I need to look. I got 133 Funds from L&G salary sacrifice
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a great choice of funds in that list.   You should make a poll of all 133 funds to get an answer how each individual responding would invest.   However, given the differing knowledge, behaviour, risk profiles, timescales, I am not sure how helpful what they would invest in would be to you.    
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ewaste
    ewaste Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd be looking at a mix of something like Global Equity 30:70 with an allocation to Small Cap, which would reduce the home bias a bit. You could get more complicated by essentially building your own portfolio or keep it really simple with a single Multi-Asset or Global Equity fund. 

I'd imagine there are probably quite a few lifestyle, annuity, bond and other similar funds listed as well.
  • dozywalia
    Options
    I am choosing in between equity only and these above accounts are with less than 0.25%...

I think equity is the way to go as I got about 20 years to ride out any bumps? 
  • gm0
    gm0 Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    First simple approximation for many is:  World ex UK + UK to taste = global developed market equities with a home market content bias of your choice 2%/4%/8%/12%/?.  Not currency hedged. Equities. No bonds.  Simple.  An approximation to "Hold the market cheaply".

100% equities long investment horizon.  Once in your 50s starting to think about the deaccumulation asset allocation and the how and when of any changes.  After all in long term accumulation many of us are pound cost averaging in every month and view volatility with more enthusiasm than we might later on.  Everybody has a different risk appetite.  For some 100% equities is just too racy emotionally.  You need to be comfortable with materially >50% losses along the way.  These days you can look at it.  Historically the by the way you have lost half the value as of date x letter was a bit of a shocker.  

Of course if you want REITS or a renewables or ethical theme or if there is a commodities item then you can add a tilt or do something around a different core.

You have a couple of simple options for more diversification within equities from EM or Small which don't materially overlap that badly with World ex UK and UK.

A lot of the other  choices and slices clearly do.  Whether the affect on returns and volatility is helpful or unhelpful in monthly accumulation is a bit of a crapshoot.

I was not a particular fan of the EM indexer in L&G in my own scheme based on monitoring its performance over the years.

When I moved from a UK posture (original default fund) tracking UK FTSE All Share to a more global investment during accumulation it was to an ethical global equities option (FTSE4Good Global/Developed) because this actually tracks the overall global developed markets equities pool fairly closely - given its limited ethical knockouts) and it was the only cheap global passive we had access to.

Some occupational fund rebalancing can be a bit tedious. So a static-ish allocation going in without too many moving parts isn't a bad idea.  Opinions vary of course. 

• retiringtoosoon
    Options
     I’m 43 and I’m all in with the Global Equity Market 30:70 fund myself in my pension . Fact sheet below.

• dozywalia
    Options
    Do we have anything in above that focuses on banking sector as the shares wil be dropping and cheap in 2023-2025 after SVB/Credit suisse? 
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2023 at 8:49PM
    Options
    None of them sound particularly enticing to someone at least 20 years from retirement.

I'm not you, but I tell my 38 year old self that a 100% global equities tracker is a good option.  

And don't do anything hedged.  Or decide based on past-performance.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2023 at 8:54PM
    Options
    dozywalia said:
    Do we have anything in above that focuses on banking sector as the shares wil be dropping and cheap in 2023-2025 after SVB/Credit suisse? 
    Definitely don't do that.  Over the last 10 years, we've have lots of people commenting on how cheap Lloyds share are.  

Shares are always priced at open market value.  They don't remember the price they once were, and dutifully return there at some later date.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure