Is there any way for employees to find out whether an employer has followed redundancy consultation rules correctly?
And given a lot of people work hybrid/remote these days, how does "single establishment" apply here?
Additionally, I understand that employees with less than 2 years service have limited rights and employment can be terminated at will pretty much (as long as the dismissal is not automatically unfair). What is to prevent an employer dismissing of a lot of employees with less than 2 years service in order to bring the number of redundancies down so that it is less than 20 and therefore consultation rules do not need to be followed?
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.4K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.7K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards