NatWest - Increased Salary Letter

Options
Hi All - so NatWest have approved our mortgage. However wife has managed to negotiate an increased salary in interim in same role, same company. We have gone back to NatWest to increase the mortgage amount. However we only have the confirmation letter and no payslip (won’t be available to end of month). Will NatWest accept letter? How longer likely before they come back with decision? Many Thanks 

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 March 2023 at 6:36AM
    Options
    An opinion here is of little value when you have already asked NatWest. Just wait for them to let you know. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • SID101
    SID101 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to know other people’s opinion who have been in similar position with NatWest so I know when to start thinking of plan b.
  • TheJP
    TheJP Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What size of salary increase are you looking at and what size of mortgage increase are you wanting? If the salary has increased between £1-5k and you want to borrow an addition £20k then i don't see that happening unless at the time you could have borrowed more. What will the mortgage amount increase do to the LTV/what are the reasons for the increase. You may be ok affordability wise but the lender may decline due to the reasons of borrowing more.

When i mortgaged my increase of salary (£6k) didn't change anything, i wanted to borrow more but the affordability criteria is stricter now due to the interest rates hike.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    IIRC NatWest requires latest payslip at increased level but it's ages since I had such a case.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • folkestonelisa
    Options
    Hi, I sent just a letter for my pay rise taking effect from the 01 March, in Feb and this was accepted fine 😁
  • SID101
    Options
    Thanks folkestonelisa that very useful to know. Fingers crossed 🤞 
  • TheJP
    TheJP Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Options
    You haven't answered the question on how big the increase is and the additional amount/why you want to borrow more? You also say this increase is interim which should be stated in the letter as that will have an impact.
  • JMA74
    JMA74 Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    TheJP said:
    You haven't answered the question on how big the increase is and the additional amount/why you want to borrow more? You also say this increase is interim which should be stated in the letter as that will have an impact.
    None of this is relevant and just comes across as nosey.   The pay increase letter will either be accepted or it wont.  

Your 2nd sentence doesnt make any sense unless you have got the meaning of 'interim' wrong.  It just means that between initial application and now there has been a payrise.  I assume you are getting confused with 'temporary' 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser 
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • SID101
    Options
    Thanks JMA74 - that is correct -  we had applied and offer letter received and got a rise afterward.
  • EstherHazey
    Options
    Hi @SID101 - did you hear back from Natwest on this? I'm in exactly the same boat. My mortgage advisor said I had to wait for the payslip (which may be too late as hoping to exchange before then). If he's wrong I'll just approach NatWest directly because essentially his job is done now, but don't want to go behind his back otherwise. I'm in receipt of a mortgage offer and I've got a small rise starting April (but not paid til end of April) I'd like to borrow on if I can.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback