IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd

Options
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knows much about UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd, and how likely they may be to take someone to court over an unpaid PCN?

It's not my PCN, but my friend has just received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus - she's rather worried.
I've advised her that appealing to the IAS would have been a waste of time anyway, so she's not really lost anything by not being able to do that (apparently she didn't receive the initial PCN or reminder).

I've advised her that I wouldn't pay the £170, and that I'd take my chances waiting for potential court action within the next few years (I couldn't actually remember if it was 6 or 7?), but she's a bit more worried by the DRP letter than I would be, hence my question in the opening line.

Thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 March 2023 at 9:59PM
    Options
    UKPPO are not especially litigious at all.

Your advice is spot on.

Have you shown her the pics of people's piles of DRP letters in the 4th post of the NEWBIES thread?

She should be laughing her head off at these daft red font letters from imaginary people (Abigale whatshername and 'Andrew Hunt') whose so-called 'photos' look like stock pics of random people with US mountains behind them, like in the TV show Catfish!

Was this at Wembley Retail Park, UKPPO's usual happy hunting ground?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 March 2023 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Worrying that your friend did not receive the original PCN and reminder, the usual reason for not receiving the original PCN is that the V5C has not been updated with DVLA.  Can you ask your friend to check, not guess, actually have a look and, if wrong, get it corrected and also send a Data Rectification Notice to the DPO of the PPC informing them of the correct address for service, requiring them to inform all of their agents and sub-contractors and ERASE the old data.  All acronyms are in the NEWBIE sticky.  Your friend does not want to receive a judgment in default for not replying to a claim form that was sent to the wrong address.
    Also in the NEWBIE sticky is a section on Debt Recovery Agents and what to do about them, in effect - IGNORE - they have no power.  Your advice to your friend was good.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2023 at 6:53PM
    Options
    @Lentulus, did you notice that people had replied, and even asked questions?
  • Lentulus
    Options
    Hiya, no sorry I didn't notice there'd been responses - I saw the lastest response due to being tagged, so it came up as a notification when I logged in just now.

Anyway, thanks for the replies - the PCN was issued for a residential block in Manchester, can't remember the name now.
    And I've told her to make sure the address held by the DVLA is correct etc, when I asked her she wasn't sure which address was listed, as she moved house during Covid.

If/When she receives anything further, I'll come back to this thread if we need any more advice - thank you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback