jury duty

Options
2»

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys just another update since Covid they don't want you sitting in the court you have to sit at home phone in hand over the day have revived 3/4 phone calls form court. Also I am now lead to believe that at the end of my jury duty and get a form filled in which I give to my boss to give to HR so that they can reclaim my wages . My the way guys work in Social care here, just makes you think ??  

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you for all your help guys, yes my night shift starts at 9.30pm and ends at 8.05am I have been on to my union and they laughed and did say my boss has no idea, I phoned the court and I was informed that if my boss still has a problem he was to phone the court himself. Now an update I am now sitting on a jury  I have informed my boss that I would not be in for my shift Monday night, he text me back now saying that I should have given him my form and he would have written and got me off sitting on the jury. Now it appears to be all my fault however I did inform him when I knew 31st of January of this year, He now wants to know if I was in court or just sitting around aat home the days I had off 
    AIUI, you are required to attend the court every day when you are on jury service and may spend a lot of time sitting around at the court, but that is not sitting around at home.  If you are not required and they dismiss you for the day, you have still been at the court for a good chunk of time.
    You have not enjoyed a skive during this time.
    If that is true, simply reply back to say "I have attended the court every day"

Ignoring the work challenge, I hope you find being a juror interesting and rewarding activity.
    Unless explicitly told not to.

We were sent on Thursday home to return on Monday on the first week and then disbanded on the 2nd week on the Wednesday. I never got to sit on a case.

I was able to take a laptop and get some work done while waiting around (on occasion until about 4pm) streaming data on my phone, but many won't be in that position and it sounds like OP won't be able to go onto 'days' and do this in their 'spare' time.

I hope you find it rewarding too.
    💙💛 💔
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport