Heathrow to Ravenscourt Park.

johnbhoy70
johnbhoy70 Posts: 219 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Would be obliged if anyone could check/confirm the following for me. 

Daughter is down in London for some Uni work next Sunday 12th for the day only. She gets into Heathrow Terminal 5 at 8am and flies  back out to Glasgow at 9pm. The place she's going to is right beside Ravenscourt Park Underground i believe. Looking for the best and most cost effective way to keep her expenses down although she can claim back.

Am i right in thinking her best bet would be  Piccadilly to Acton and then District to Ravenscourt Park. Elizabeth Line from Heathrow changing to District at Ealing Broadway is also showing as an option. Looking at it if she could possibly walk it if she got herself to Hammersmith. That looks doable too. 

Also, any ideas how busy security is at Terminal 5 on a Sunday night?  Her course finishes at 6 but they've got the usual drinks after for an hour but i think for safety she needs to be back for security at 7pm. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The obvious route is via Acton Town as you say - about 40 minutes.  Using Crossrail/ Elizabeth would be more expensive and probably take a similar time.
  • johnbhoy70
    edited 6 March 2023 at 5:44PM
    martindow said:
    The obvious route is via Acton Town as you say - about 40 minutes.  Using Crossrail/ Elizabeth would be more expensive and probably take a similar time.
    Thanks for that. Appreciated.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You may find Heathrow to Hammersmith and back one station to Ravenscourt Park is slightly quicker. As you say the walk from Hammersmith to RP is not long unless one has loads of luggage.
  • johnbhoy70
    giraffe69 said:
    You may find Heathrow to Hammersmith and back one station to Ravenscourt Park is slightly quicker. As you say the walk from Hammersmith to RP is not long unless one has loads of luggage.
    Thanks. I'll suggest that as an option to her . She'll have minimal cabin baggage so if the weather is not too bad she can consider it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback