SMART METERS FITTED BY BRITISH GAS. JULY 2022.

2»

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 March 2023 at 4:08PM
    LS211DS said:
    Many, many thanks for all your advice and guidance, I am well aware of which buttons to press, I was reading the meter and recording readings manually until 17th February, for my own information. Now no matter which button you press it is blank, no readings at all, no  idea of consumption and usage.

Blast - that's annoying then.

If you haven't already, make a formal complaint about the failed meter to the supplier - then if it hasn't been resolved after 8 weeks you can escalate to the Ombudsman.

At least the meter reading instructions are there for any future posters who encounter the thread with similar issues! 

🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • armistice
    armistice Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LS211DS said:
    Many, many thanks for all your advice and guidance, I am well aware of which buttons to press, I was reading the meter and recording readings manually until 17th February, for my own information. Now no matter which button you press it is blank, no readings at all, no  idea of consumption and usage.

Have you submitted the readings to 17th February?   If not, submit your latest one.  At least then you will have an accurate bill up to that point.
  • I have submitted readings on a regular basis, obviously I cannot submit gas meter readings, IT IS STILL BLANK.
    I always ask via live chat for an update regarding smart meters and smart monitor, British Gas are working to resolve the issue and hope to resolve it in the first half of 2023 is the normal reply, I usually ask for an email copy of the live chat, sometimes I receive one and sometimes I DON'T!
  • My Smart meter has never sent readings, They wont even look at it unless there is a Gas Leak. Their words from the latest BG chat last night 15 Nov 2023.
  • My Smart meter has never sent readings, They wont even look at it unless there is a Gas Leak. They’re words from the latest BG chat last night 15 Nov 2023.
    This is a different matter though - the OP’s issue is that their gas meter has a completely blank screen, so it is not possible to get readings from it at all. It sounds more like yours is a simple matter of a non communicating meter, but you are able to manually take the readings and give them in the same way that you would if your meter was not smart in the first place? 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • HELP NEEDED - I have an EDF meter for gas and it's a card top up E6 type Landis Gyr however it is completely BLANK. I have tried topping up and it is still not working but we are still getting the gas supplied. Does this meter have the ability to record the usage since it has been off?

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    LutherL33 said:
    HELP NEEDED - I have an EDF meter for gas and it's a card top up E6 type Landis Gyr however it is completely BLANK. I have tried topping up and it is still not working but we are still getting the gas supplied. Does this meter have the ability to record the usage since it has been off?
    Two things to do:
    1. Let your supplier know.
    2. Enjoy your free gas.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback