IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco parking limit exceeded… but notified

Options
Hi today,  exceeded the 2 hour free parking at Tesco as my car wash was delayed by the car wash people being innundated with cars. Fortunately I noticed I had exceeded the parking limit and was advised by the car wash manager to speak to Tesco customer service. 
I duly did and had my car registration number entered into the Tesco system. I noted the Tesco member of staff, time and date. 
Can I expect to be free of a parking fine given I’ve notified Tesco albeit after two hours parking but before I moved my car to the exit camera?
Many thanks 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2023 at 6:52PM
    Options
    Yes, that'll be fine.

A few years ago something similar happened to me.
    I did my shopping in Tesco and upon returning to my car it wouldn't start.
    I knew it would be several hours before I could get help so sought guidance at the customer services desk.
    The lady there typed my vehicle's registration number into the terminal on her desk and announced "You now have permission to park for twenty four hours. Please speak to me again if that's not long enough".

Nothing came of it.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You might still get a pcn from whatever company deals with the parking but your defence against paying will be the evidence you have retained by registering with Tesco.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Also, Tesco use APCOA which a registered keeper cannot possibly lose on appeal anyway!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Geranium44
    Options
    Thanks everyone much appreciated. Will report back hopefully with ‘no news’
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family