IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court claim form received

Options
Hi, 

I have received a County Court claim form for unpaid Parking Charge. Can I just pay the original fine amount and somehow get them to waive the court fee, legal rep costs and interest? 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope, you'll defend using our template and almost certainly pay nothing at all.  Scam over this year!

What's the Issue Date on the top right of the Claim form?

Which PPC is the Claimant and which solicitor?

What are the facts about the parking event?  Car park type, what went wrong...?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AP0708
    Options
    Issue date 17 Feb 2023
    PPC claimant: UK Parking Control Ltd
    Solicitor: DCB Legal LTD
    Details:
    Private Cark Park (retail park), pay and display. I had a ticket for 2 hours (free) and I went for my hair cut and barber was talking so much I went over the 2 hour period. 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AP0708 said:
    Issue date 17 Feb 2023

With a Claim Issue Date of 17th February, you have until Wednesday 8th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Wednesday 22nd March 2023 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • AP0708
    AP0708 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi, just an update to the case. I filed my defence on 22 Mar and have just received a letter from DCB Legal LTD (day 29 from my defence) stating they will continue with the claim and sent a copy of the directions questionnaire and also they may be prepared to settle which I know I am not going to do.

Should I have received the directions questionnaire from the court by now or are they trying to bluff to get me to settle? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Normal stages.  MCOL history will tell you when the CCBC send you the N180, likely in May.

This is in the first 12 steps in the first post of the Template Defence thread.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 April 2023 at 2:42PM
    Options
    You were expecting that weren't you?

Item 7 on that checklist you were using when you filed a Defence is...
    Items 8, 9 and 10 on that list might be worth another look too.
  • AP0708
    First Post
    Options
    Oh I see, was hoping they wouldn't bother and iy would go away after filling the defence as I had not heard anything for over 30 days
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No, you will surely know from your reading of other DCBLegal court threads that they'll discontinue much later, when you send your WS and evidence bundle.
  • AP0708
    First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    You were expecting that weren't you?

Item 7 on that checklist you were using when you filed a Defence is...
    Items 8, 9 and 10 on that list might be worth another look too.
    Yeah I had that feeling and filed it. I will read the points mentioned again. Cheers 
  • kikixxxx
    kikixxxx Posts: 2 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    what happened to this after you claimed your defence? currently going through the same thing and feel like crying.
    the newbie threads are just filled with tons of endless jargon i cant understand.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback