Lloyds will not add a note to an ill family members file

A member of the family has a business overdraft review soon and if it's not attended then the overdraft facility will be removed and they'll want the whole amount back, but the overdraft is needed. My family member cannot partake in the review as they are currently in critical care.

I spoke to the bank and asked if they can postpone the review, but they refuse to put any notes on the account as it's not my account, I've also said I can get a consultants letter that states my family member is in their care but the guy said his manager stated that there is nothing they can do. 

Is there actually anything I can do to save this from going into a situation that's going to end up being a battle?!

Comments

• No. Even if you had PoA, Lloyds wouldn't be required to allow the borrowing to continue.
  • Look at a family member applying for deputyship through the court of protection.  It costs about £200 and considering the issues face will likely be allowed.  That person will then be able to manage finances on the relatives behalf and the bank will have to deal with the deputy.  That doesn't mean they will allow the overdraft to continue but may allow the deputy to negotiate another arrangement
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,738
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is there anybody who can attend the review on their behalf? Either you with a Power of Attorney or another member of the business?
    If there is is the business salvageable or is the review a formality before the business goes bankrupt.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback