energy Bill overpayment

in Consumer rights
2 replies 100 views
im_peggyim_peggy Forumite
1 Post
when I closed my account with bulb energy they owed me £465 they ferined me the credit owed in lots of payments of £180 they mistakingly paid me the money twice and now they are asking for the money back at £30 a month or in full. should I pay it back if it was there mistake?


  • edited 13 February at 10:55PM
    user1977user1977 Forumite
    10K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February at 10:55PM
    If they've overpaid you then yes, of course you should pay it back (and you are legally obliged to). If you had accidentally paid them too much, you'd expect it back, wouldn't you?
  • Aylesbury_DuckAylesbury_Duck Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Of course you should pay it back.  Why do you think you should be allowed to keep it?  Work with them to sort out a repayment plan.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools