D81 Form and State Pension

Hallo all. I suspect this may have already been answered somewhere, so please bare with me.
My x-wife and I are tackling the infamous D81 form to achieve a professional pension sharing order, Can somebody please advise:
As we both receive state pensions, should they appear anywhere on this form as income etc?
I receive a small monthly payment from the DWP for a degenerative eye issue - should this also be stated as income?
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes, both would be shown as income in the box that asks about income from state benefits.
    In the notes you may wish to mention that your income includes £xx per month due to a disability, but that's only necessary if your incomes look very unequal as it lets the judge see why that is and that it is fair. If it's only a small amount you don't need to add a note  
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • TBagpuss said:
    Yes, both would be shown as income in the box that asks about income from state benefits.
    In the notes you may wish to mention that your income includes £xx per month due to a disability, but that's only necessary if your incomes look very unequal as it lets the judge see why that is and that it is fair. If it's only a small amount you don't need to add a note  
    Thank you for your help TBagpuss...much appreciated.
    I want to declare all that I should, so I will add as you suggest. Just one aside: is the state pension seen as a state benefit?
    Regards
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes, State pension is a State benefit 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback