Durham CC says that ESA plus Permitted Work = full time employment so can't give C/TAX reduction.

How can they expect to take my ESA to pay for council tax, is that right? Also she mentioned I get "ESA Top Up" what does that mean, I get work related ESA, I don't understand the "Top Up" bit.



  • edited 8 February at 3:59PM
    calcotticalcotti Forumite
    15.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 8 February at 3:59PM
    Every local authority sets their own rules. You would have to read though their CTR scheme in order to how their scheme treats ESA. The scheme should be available on their website.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools