Gadget only insurance?

Hi all,

A bit of a gadget head - I have saved up for things like playstation, phones, air purifiers etc. Just wondering if anyone knows of insurers that offer good gadget insurance? I mean insurance that covers accidental damage aswell. My kids are small and tend to drop or throw the phone often. Want to get a foldable phone and don't want to constantly stress about them breaking the gadgets so it'd be nice to lean back on gadget insurance.

The only thing is I've never got insurance before so I don't know who actually pays out? Don't want an insurer who just wriggles out of everything. Also don't want to use my mortgage building and contents to cover my gadgets otherwise my home insurance premium may rocket.

Appreciate if anyone can suggest some good providers?



  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 8,982
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You will have to have them insured under your contents insurance, whilst they are in the house, but you are free not to claim on it if you dont want. 

    There are providers like ProtectYourBubble but at £190 per year per 3 items its going to add up fairly quickly and they are relatively selective on what they will cover, for example for example they are not covering new MacBooks and for a 3 item policy one item must be under 6 months old and another under 12 months. 

    Be aware that unlike Home insurance most providers are on an indemnity basis and so they pay the price of a reconditioned item (or supply one) rather than a brand new one if you lose/damage yours beyond repair etc. On the plus side they tend to cover breakdown unlike Home insurance. 
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards