Changes to Ebay Seller Fees (Private Sellers)

Options

(There are also changes for Business Sellers: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sellercentre/news/2023-february/fees?targetgroup=B2C )

We're making some changes to our seller fees from ‍2‍ ‍March‍ ‍2‍0‍2‍3.

Changes to final value fees

Final value fees for private sellers on ‍e‍Ba‍y‍.‍c‍o‍.‍u‍k‍ are calculated at 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order.

Currently, if the total amount of the sale is over £2,500 for a single item, you'll pay 3% for the portion of the sale price above £2,500.

What’s changing

F‍ro‍m‍ ‍2‍ M‍a‍rch 2‍0‍2‍3‍, the threshold for the 12.8% variable percentage portion will increase from £2,500 to £5,000.

That means you'll pay 12.8% on the portion of the sale price up to £5,000 and 3% for the portion of the sale price above £5,000, plus a fixed charge of 30p per order, in all categories other than Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles, and Trainers.

Update to final value fees for sneakers sellers

Fr‍om‍ ‍2‍n‍d M‍a‍r‍c‍h 2‍0‍2‍3‍, the final value fee for sneakers priced £100 or more will be 8% plus a fixed amount of 30p per order.

Sneakers with an item price starting at £100 or more will be free to list and not count against your monthly allocation of free listings. This will be for listings in the Men's Trainers category (Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Men > Men's Shoes > Trainers) and Women's Trainers category (Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Women > Women's Shoes > Trainers). All other fees remain the same.

Free to add a Buy it now price

From 2 March 2023, the Buy it now option will be free. This gives buyers the option of purchasing before an auction-style listing ends, for a set price. A Buy it now price gives you the possibility of a quick sale for the price you want.

Free to schedule listings

From 2 March 2023, the Scheduler will be free. This allows you to create your listings and set them to go live at a future time of your choosing.

Comments

• Langerhan
    Langerhan Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh damn, that's good news about the BIN fees - I've been put off putting things up because I mostly sell very small stuff, but if it's no more expensive to list for BIN than for auction, I'll certainly be doing that.
    Mortgage start date: 01/10/2021
    Original mortgage debt:
    £128,000
    Remaining debt (01/05/2024):
    £96,442
    Daily interest: £3.28
    Mortgage debt end of 2023: £101,528
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,295 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Langerhan said:
    Oh damn, that's good news about the BIN fees - I've been put off putting things up because I mostly sell very small stuff, but if it's no more expensive to list for BIN than for auction, I'll certainly be doing that.
    BIN and auction have always been the same costs and free for private sellers . The change is that from 2nd March you can add a BIN onto an auction without incurring another charge, at the moment there is a cost to add a BIn price to an auction listing. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Langerhan
    Langerhan Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    soolin said:
    Langerhan said:
    BIN and auction have always been the same costs and free for private sellers . The change is that from 2nd March you can add a BIN onto an auction without incurring another charge, at the moment there is a cost to add a BIn price to an auction listing. 
    Buy it now costs an extra 50p. From the post, I get the impression it will no longer cost an extra 50p. So like I said, if it's no more expensive, I'll go for it.
    Mortgage start date: 01/10/2021
    Original mortgage debt:
    £128,000
    Remaining debt (01/05/2024):
    £96,442
    Daily interest: £3.28
    Mortgage debt end of 2023: £101,528
  • soolin
    Options
    Langerhan said:
    soolin said:
    Langerhan said:
    Buy it now costs an extra 50p. From the post, I get the impression it will no longer cost an extra 50p. So like I said, if it's no more expensive, I'll go for it.
    That’s right,if you list an auction but add a BIN it’s currently an extra 50p. However if you list a stand-alone Buy it now without an auction option it is currently free .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully the eg 80% off fvf terms and conditions will be amended.

Currently, if you sell before the scheduled auction end you don't get the discount.
  • soolin
    Options
    km1500 said:
    Hopefully the eg 80% off fvf terms and conditions will be amended.

Currently, if you sell before the scheduled auction end you don't get the discount.
    I thought you did if you used the option to end auction and sell to the highest bidder or accept an offer, it certainly isn’t excluded from my usual T and Cs. 
  • km1500
    Options
    Hmmm sorry I.must be wrong - I thought if you cancelled auction and sold to highest bidder you lost the 80% discount on fvf. 
  • km1500
    Options
    Just looked up t and c..

The following are excluded from the promotion:

• Business sellers
    • Private Sellers not registered for managed payments
    • Sellers who have been invited to participate, but have not actively opted in to the promotion via the RSVP link shown in the marketing communication.
    • All items listed in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles and Property categories. However, items listed in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category are included.
    • Items listed in the Classified Ad format.
    • Auction-style listings ended early ***
    ( my asterisks)

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/10026x20/
  • soolin
    Options
    km1500 said:
    Just looked up t and c..

The following are excluded from the promotion:

• Business sellers
    • Private Sellers not registered for managed payments
    • Sellers who have been invited to participate, but have not actively opted in to the promotion via the RSVP link shown in the marketing communication.
    • All items listed in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles and Property categories. However, items listed in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category are included.
    • Items listed in the Classified Ad format.
    • Auction-style listings ended early ***
    ( my asterisks)

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/10026x20/
    I read that to mean if you just end an auction early then you get no FVF discount on any cancelled bids, but if you end auction early to sell it via an offer then it would be fine. If you accept an offer then auction hasn’t ended early, it finished with a legitimate sale. 

It would be interested if anyone has taken an offer and sold, I have done in the past but too long ago to check my fees charged. 
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Free to schedule listings from March??
    Aren't they free now?
    I have been scheduling occasionally and I'm sure I haven't been charged extra.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback