Mortgage Application with Skipton

Options
Hello Everyone,

We recently made application with Skipton. Full application was made on the 30th Jan. Just wondering if we are on the right track. I have attached the screenshot of the timeline. They have asked my wife's January bank statement which will be generated this weekend. I will forward it to them as soon as the statement is available. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Tiredbutdetermined
    Options
    Mine was a bit fiddly but it took 8 days to come through after the valuations stage you are at
    Halifax CC April 21 £3176.24 Now £0 PAID OFF
    PO loan May 21 £6804.36 Now £0 PAID OFF
    H loan May 21 £8961.84 Now £0 PAID OFF
    Creation May 21 £1548.33 Now £0 PAID OFF 

Total Debt May 21 £20,490.44  DEBT FREE DATE 29/7/22 

Mortgage balance May 21 £177,096.19. Now £151,258.92
    Mortgage free date. At start of sole mortgage = July 2042

SAVINGS FOCUS - get rid of the car finance. Savings balance/outstanding balance = £6885.90/£15,631.25
  • prab007
    prab007 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine was a bit fiddly but it took 8 days to come through after the valuations stage you are at
    @Tiredbutdetermined Did they as reference from your employer? They sent a letter to my employer requesting the confirmation of employment. My HR team have replied them back today.
  • TheSticklerMan
    Options
    prab007 said:
    @Tiredbutdetermined Did they as reference from your employer? They sent a letter to my employer requesting the confirmation of employment. My HR team have replied them back today.
    Hi, 

Are you a first time buyer and using a mortgage advisor? Or are you going directly?

Reason I ask is some people on this site have had a full mortgage offer from Skipton in 4 days when applying through an advisor.

• housebuyer143
    Options
    prab007 said:
    Hi, 

Are you a first time buyer and using a mortgage advisor? Or are you going directly?

Reason I ask is some people on this site have had a full mortgage offer from Skipton in 4 days when applying through an advisor.

I got one in 24 hours going direct. The thing seems to be that they are waiting for the payslip before progressing the application?
  • TheSticklerMan
    Options
    Yes agreed from friends who have used Skipton they are normally quite quick. 

Have you completed on your purchase now and do you know if any further checks were done post offer
  • prab007
    Options
    I am using broker. They sent a letter directly to my employer requesting employment reference. My employer have send it back to Skipton. I believe they want a reference because I have 2 jobs. @TheSticklerMan have you also applied with Skipton?
  • TomTom19998
    Options
    prab007 said:
    I am using broker. They sent a letter directly to my employer requesting employment reference. My employer have send it back to Skipton. I believe they want a reference because I have 2 jobs. @TheSticklerMan have you also applied with Skipton?
    Did they send a letter to your employer after completion? Thats odd.
  • prab007
    Options
    prab007 said:
    Did they send a letter to your employer after completion? Thats odd.
    It was not after completion. I am waiting mortgage offer from Skipton. They sent the letter after valuation.
  • Tiredbutdetermined
    Options
    prab007 said:
    No but I have been with my employer since 2002 so I am boringly steady! 
    Halifax CC April 21 £3176.24 Now £0 PAID OFF
    PO loan May 21 £6804.36 Now £0 PAID OFF
    H loan May 21 £8961.84 Now £0 PAID OFF
    Creation May 21 £1548.33 Now £0 PAID OFF 

Total Debt May 21 £20,490.44  DEBT FREE DATE 29/7/22 

Mortgage balance May 21 £177,096.19. Now £151,258.92
    Mortgage free date. At start of sole mortgage = July 2042

SAVINGS FOCUS - get rid of the car finance. Savings balance/outstanding balance = £6885.90/£15,631.25
  • prab007
    Options
    prab007 said:
    No but I have been with my employer since 2002 so I am boringly steady! 
    👍 Being with the same employer does help. I hope to hear something by Monday. This wait is painful. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback