We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

EasyJet check in time allowance

Options
I'm flying from Glasgow to Gatwick tomorrow with easyJet and wondering how long before take off I need to be at airport??
I know international flight is usually 3hrs

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 11,564 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Intercontinental 3 hours
    Europe 2 hours
    Domestic (inc Ireland) 1.5hrs

Check with both your airport and airline as never flown from Glasgow so dont know how separated Domestic is from the rest.

Despite flying a dozen times a year I am a nervous traveller and would always go earlier.
  • tightauldgit
    Options
    If you've checked in online and not got luggage then you will be fine if you're there an hour ahead of time. I think they say 2 in their advice. I think the crazy security queues are all gone now so if you're just going straight through then 1.5h should be fine but factor in whatever safety buffer you want to feel relaxed. In the past 12 months I've done '5 hours early' and 'barging through the security line so as not to miss my flight' - probably go in the middle of that :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback