Universal Credit or Tax Free Childcare Vouchers

I currently use the Tax Free Child Care account to pay for my nursery fees. However I've worked out I'm better off if I apply for Universal Credit. The problem is my wage fluctuates so I'm not always necessarily entitled to UC. 
My question is can you swap between Tax Free Childcare and UC on a monthly basis if UC is £0?


  • calcotticalcotti Forumite
    15.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Even you have no entitlement to be paid anything in a particular month you will still be a UC claimant so excluded from tax free childcare.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools