Drive to Croatia

Options
Hi has anyone driven to Croatia from the UK, via Calais recently. Any helpful tips would be appreciated...

Comments

• Richard1212
    Options
    No, I haven't, sorry. I would be too tired to enjoy my time in Croatia, a favourite country which I know well. Not being as adventurous as you, we fly with BA to Zagreb. Dubrovnik is so wonderful and we always spend a few days there. But I can tell you all about driving from Croatia to Montenegro and down to Greece ( way back when we first did that trip, there were still bandits operating in the wild countryside in Croatia and Montenegro ! ). Hope you get a proper reply to your question---and have a great trip through so many countries until you reach the Adriatic.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nothing much has changed recently, except French immigration (at Dover port) take a bit longer, stamping your passport, and perhaps more likely pull for customs check. After that it's the open road. Any particular aspect of the drive you need tips for..?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • debtout
    debtout Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eDicky said:
    Nothing much has changed recently, except French immigration (at Dover port) take a bit longer, stamping your passport, and perhaps more likely pull for customs check. After that it's the open road. Any particular aspect of the drive you need tips for..?
    Hi many thanks. The furthest I have driven is Hungary 😂, and ended up having to pay fines as didn't bother paying their toll charges. What do those who go their enjoy the most or what attracts peeps from the UK to drive all that way. 
  • debtout
    debtout Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, I haven't, sorry. I would be too tired to enjoy my time in Croatia, a favourite country which I know well. Not being as adventurous as you, we fly with BA to Zagreb. Dubrovnik is so wonderful and we always spend a few days there. But I can tell you all about driving from Croatia to Montenegro and down to Greece ( way back when we first did that trip, there were still bandits operating in the wild countryside in Croatia and Montenegro ! ). Hope you get a proper reply to your question---and have a great trip through so many countries until you reach the Adriatic.
    Thanks for your feedback. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure