PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

La Dolce Vita (The Sweet Life) - on a tiny budget.

Options
As the title suggests.......how to live a sweet life on a budget.....

Travel, going out, fashion, food, home decor and just having fun times and getting the most out of each day......living our best lives ever.  

All tips and hacks gratefully received.  😂🤣

So a bit of background.  I am 71 and feeling somewhat worse for wear.  My goal this year is to finally grapple with some minor but irritating health problems that I have been neglecting..........weight, teeth, musco-skeletal issues.  Have just started seeing a chiropractor and am scheduled to begin dental treatment imminently.  

A widow of 8 years standing who has finally turned the corner on grief and bereavement and is ready to start living again.  After near bankruptcy I have rebuilt my finances, and although by no means wealthy, I am determined to live a rich and rewarding life.  

Have just sold my last house which I bought as a wreck and spent three years renovating making a nice healthy profit (which will pay for said dental work😂🤣). Currently renting whilst I look for my forever home.  I will probably take on another project.  (Glutton for punishment). 

But first......a few months sabbatical whilst I get stronger, fitter and healthier. 

The end game is to raise a glass or three 🥂on my 90th birthday and say "well done darling on living a fabulous life". 

The new year got off to a slow start, settling into my temporary home, sorting out a few hiccups (2 plumbing disasters, saturated carpets, great fun!!!). All sorted now.   

February is almost upon us and spring is just round the corner. 

Ready to Carpe the living daylights out of that Diem before age and decrepitude catch up with me. 😱😂.

Tempus Fugit and all that.  

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport