Aviva - problem with attempting payment in ISA “requested URL was rejected”

Having a really frustrating time trying to pay some money into my Aviva Stocks and Shares ISA.

I enter my Visa debit card details and at the point where it process the payment the website falls over with a ‘the requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator”

i suspect that the Aviva website code is not accepting the verified by visa security protocol that would appear next. I made 3 calls to them yesterday, after being in 20-30 minute queue each time, to ask them to fix it or advise how I could pay some money in and got nowhere. I have emailed them but got an auto reply to advise that they aim to reply within 4 working days.

I have tried clearing browser cache, history and cookies, reset home router, restarted my machine, tried on IOS, MacOS, iPadOS and Windows machines but same error every time.

To make matters worse I tried the direct debit option and that fails too as it says I have a direct debit in place and to call Aviva to have it reactivated.

it's so frustrating, I've had this before with them and seem to recall one day it just started working again and days of try8ng each morning. I don't pay in regularly just lumps every now and them, especially near the end of the tax year.

I think I am going to have to switch to a new provider, which it itself is frustrating as I will have to wait until the new tax year and waste the opportunity of this year's remaining allowance.

anyone else having problems paying into Aviva or know how I can fix this?

Comments

• Qyburn
    Qyburn Posts: 2,296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you're set on moving to a new provider, why not transfer your Aviva over? Then you can contribute this year.
  • GazzaBloom
    GazzaBloom Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 28 January 2023 at 9:02AM
    Qyburn said:
    If you're set on moving to a new provider, why not transfer your Aviva over? Then you can contribute this year.
    I twigged that after I posted, Just done the transfer. Gone with AJ Bell.

No payment issues, lower fees. Done.

I only went with Aviva in the first place for convenience, as that's where my workplace pension is.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like you’ve made the right decision by switching and AJ Bell are a great platform. Been with them for years having transferred from HL and overall very happy.  :)
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • Sounds like you’ve made the right decision by switching and AJ Bell are a great platform. Been with them for years having transferred from HL and overall very happy.  :)
    It's unbelievable the response I got from Aviva, the 3 customer service people I spoke to had no idea and put me on hold for ages while they speak to the, presumably, the IT people but still no resolution.

By bye Aviva, that's how easy it is to lose a customer, you need to get your interface and platform sorted so it works reliably.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback