Best Magazine Win - I think!

Options
I received an email last week to say I had won a crossword competition on issue 8 of Best Magazine. This seemed odd as the latest issue I entered was 51?? 
Anyways the email said I would hear soon from HSBC on arranging payment. I havent heard a peep since and they arent replying to my emails. Has anyone else won via Best Magazine/Hearst competitions and gone through the same process?

Many Thanks :smiley:

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not me but I get emails everyday stating I have won something,

I delete them because I haven't entered any competitions 

So yours too could be a scam 
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 January 2023 at 3:01PM
    Options
    louisa1 said:
    I received an email last week to say I had won a crossword competition on issue 8 of Best Magazine. This seemed odd as the latest issue I entered was 51?? 
    Anyways the email said I would hear soon from HSBC on arranging payment. I havent heard a peep since and they arent replying to my emails. Has anyone else won via Best Magazine/Hearst competitions and gone through the same process?

Someone posted a couple of weeks back that they had won something from best that was dated back in March last year! I just think they're slow on picking their winners to be honest. 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6417644/thank-you-iggy1313#latest
  • louisa1
    louisa1 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AC55 said:
    louisa1 said:

Someone posted a couple of weeks back that they had won something from best that was dated back in March last year! I just think they're slow on picking their winners to be honest. 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6417644/thank-you-iggy1313#latest
    Ah, thanks for finding that post. Im struggling to use the search function. This gives me hope it is a real prize!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done  :) 
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done 
  • elizabethp
    elizabethp Posts: 76,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done :smile:
    Liz xx
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,180 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Phew! Congratulations 💷
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • elizabethp
    elizabethp Posts: 76,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done :smile:
    Liz xx
  • mrssjs
    mrssjs Posts: 627 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AC55 said:
    louisa1 said:

That was me! You'll get an email from HSBC first then you follow the process - money was then in my bank in a few days :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback