Warm home discount.
I am unable to work due to illness and disability and have a 5 year old daughter living with me. I receive ESA, housing benefit and child tax credit, but have just been told by the government helpline that I don't qualify for warm home discount as my home is too energy efficient. I have received this help for the past 8 years and now I need it most, the Torries have shafted me. It also means that I miss the extra £150 that Shell energy are promising to customers that get the warm home discount. My home is not at all energy efficient and is freezing because I'm too scared to use the heating. I am in desperate need of that £300 and didn't think that even the Torries would stoop this low.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards