We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Shop at Sainsbury's? You can get up to £25 in bonus Nectar points – but there are catches

Nectar cardholders can get between 50 and 5,000 extra points – worth 25p to £25 – when shopping at Sainsbury's on Saturday 4 February. But you'll need to spend at least £20 and do so at a larger store, as the offer is not available at any of Sainsbury's 800 Local outlets.

Read the full story:
'Sainsbury's shopper? You can get up to £25 in bonus Nectar points next weekend – but there are some catches'

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Didn’t work for me this morning. No coupons forthcoming 
  • Looks like this is not working for anyone when browsing other forums online. Store in Winchester had no idea of the offer, mentioned none of their coupon machines have been working for weeks and we’re guessing the voucher goes on the app. Nothing so far after 5 hours of shopping so this looks to be a right mess and con
  • Same as others no coupon on two transactions over £20, both 100% food spend and two different nectar card and the coupon printer was confirmed as working. No signs about the offer in store unlike when it's been on in previous years
  • blue_mum
    blue_mum Posts: 162 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    No coupon, asked the manager, lots had already asked. Told in the small print it is random and not everyone. Store manager was embarrassed that it was not clear.

Total con to get people into store.
    :beer:
  • blue_mum
    blue_mum Posts: 162 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just got this response from nectar 

Thank you I would like to inform you that there have been a technical issue going on with this offer due to which within 28 days of the purchase date you will be receiving a voucher for the promotion amount on your Nectar app

:beer:
  • Not working on my Sainsburys shop. Staff didn't have a clue what was going on with it.

Tried to ask Sainsburys on Facebook and got told to take it up with Nectar. 

Nectar online chat was useless and just gave me a reference number and said they look at my enquiry in 28 days time...

I think this is a scam to get people in stores... 
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I asked at customer services after getting no coupon, the manager said it was a nationwide issue with the promotion and that Nectar/Sainsbury's are aware of it.

They wrote something on my receipt and said I should bring it back next week when it's fixed.
  • Yep. Total scam. Did not receive anything.
  • SaverRate
    SaverRate Posts: 944 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Didn't receive anything either!

Although the actual Sainsburys shop was good this week getting a number of bargains etc. 
    FTB - April 2020 
  • I think the McDonald's monopoly prize scam was better myself

Code rule 8.25 states that “Participants in instant-win promotions must get their winnings at once or must know immediately what they have won and how to claim without delay, cost or administrative barriers. Instant-win tickets, tokens or numbers must be awarded on a fair and random basis and verification must take the form of an independently audited statement that all prizes have been distributed, or made available for distribution, in that manner.”

asa.org.uk/advice-online/promotional-marketing-instant-wins.html

All those boxes have been ticked lol

The staff were also informing customers in our store and others... It was random and you should keep trying even when it was not working!

Sounds like all the big prizes were all distributed out to staff and friends after 7pm when it seemed to be quietly fixed.

Asa make a complaint: asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 346.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 238.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 613.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.7K Life & Family
  • 251.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.