Sky

Requested quote from sky broadband only gave my address and name. I didn't take up with them after a long ordeal. Then I got a text message using my first name and requesting other stuff. How did they get my mobile. Really worried OAP
Thanks everyone 

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    If you used your mobile to call them then the number probably showed up on their caller display. 
  • Nope landline. I am totally fixed. I have blocked it.
    Thanks
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How secret is your mobile number?  They may have linked the name and address to your mobile number through some contacts database that you didn't opt out of long ago.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • The address is my sister she is using my mobile till she gets one so cannot be that. Thanks
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    The only way they can have this information is for you to have provided it either in this contact or a previous contact you have forgotten about. 
  • My sister says she has only given my phone number to Now broadban recently and ask them not pass it on.

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    My sister says she has only given my phone number to Now broadban recently and ask them not pass it on.

That explains it then as now broadband have the same parent company as sky broadband and in their privacy policy state they will share your data between the different sky companies. 
  • Great thanks I knew someone would suss it out on the forum  Thanks

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure