Having difficulty disputing a credit file error? Please help!

Hi, new here; I'll try to be concise.

When I closed my previous Yorkshire Water account, I was required to provide details as to where I was moving (which I thought strange). This lead to Yorkshire Water passing my details on to the new Utility Company, and an account was automatically opened in my name. However this was a professional let that had bills included; I was not responsible for paying the water bill. I now have 5 defaulted payments on my credit file linked to that address, and I only lived there for a month. I have contacted the utility company, who were under the impression that there was nothing they could do to help. 

What can I do? Hope this makes sense, thank you.


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools