Electric Ireland max keypad top-up

in N. Ireland
2 replies 58 views
ripplyukripplyuk Forumite
2.8K Posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
I’ve just received my £600 voucher and would like to add a significant amount of it to my keypad meter. I’m hoping this will mean I’ll avoid further price rises, at least until I have to top-up again. Does anyone know what is the maximum amount a keypad meter can hold? I’ve emailed Electric Ireland several times since October but never heard back. They’ve also ignored my message on Twitter and I can’t get through on the phone. 

Replies

• skycatcherskycatcher Forumite
    256 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I asked this of SSE and they eventually told me 1800m3.... Which is quite a lot! I have a Libre meter with a payeasy card and can to up £49 at a time.  Obviously you'll need to get confirmation.... Try ringing them.
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I do not have a keypad meter but as skycatcher an easy pay card.   

When I received a previous amount towards heating etc, I asked and was told Electric Ireland have no limit.    But SSE max is £49, hence I just phoned up and put a lump sum in and this time again did it online as standing saying £49 six times to the people at the till is silly.   My gas is with SSE and have complained about it a few times, but they have never opened the amount paid in above £49 each payment.

Oh, the wait time on the phone for Electric Ireland is 60 minutes plus, even if you ring when they open at 8.30 am.