Fund Comparison Research Website Suggestions

Options
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone does anything similar to what I do below, or have any suggestions on alternatives.

I have a SIPP in II - when checking on current funds and potential alternatives, I mainly use Trustnet for performance comparison - one feature I like from that site is that I can compare traditional funds and ETFs side-by-side. However, then another feature I usually want to check is the ESG sustainability rating, which I have to go to Morningstar for. Then, last step if I've found something I potentially want to invest in, then I need to check if it's eligible and available in II.

Neither Morningstar or II allow the comparison of traditional funds and ETFs, and, rather annoyingly, II doesn't hold the ESG rating in it's research area - I've brought this to their attention a couple of times - they use Morningstar for their fund data, but not that specific rating, which I don't understand, given I presume it would be a simple and straightforward thing to hold it, and it is something alot of investors consider as a factor. Sustainability is a subject they have in their news articles too, so it would seem a little counterproductive then not to hold it.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     I've brought this to their attention a couple of times - they use Morningstar for their fund data, but not that specific rating, which I don't understand, given I presume it would be a simple and straightforward thing to hold it, and it is something alot of investors consider as a factor. 
    Cost.   FE and Morningstar charge the platforms for the API.   There are different levels at different costs.  Budget providers tend to cut back on costly things.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback