We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Swapping from smart pre payment

Options
Hi would it be cheaper for me to pay direct debit instead of smart pre pay ?

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    Options
    Nickivy33 said:
    Hi would it be cheaper for me to pay direct debit instead of smart pre pay ?
    To work that out we would need your annual usage figures in kWh for electricity and gas if you have it, your energy provider, tariff if you are not on the SVR (eg are you on E7) and the energy region you live in.
  • Nickivy33
    Options
    Thank you will look it up . I know we are with E ON Next but they aren’t putting anyone on direct debit at the moment cos their systems can’t do the credit checks needed to swap .
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DD will cetainly be cheaper than PP. In fact the prepayment customers had a rise of £116 this month. They will also get the 20% rise in April.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Joyful said:
    DD will certainly be cheaper than PP. In fact the prepayment customers had a rise of £116 this month. They will also get the 20% rise in April.
    Those with EDF in the Eastern, South West and Yorkshire areas might not all agree with you.

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Joyful said:
    DD will cetainly be cheaper than PP. In fact the prepayment customers had a rise of £116 this month. They will also get the 20% rise in April
    As things stand, everyone will get the 20% increase in April. However, perhaps more relevantly, nobody has had “a rise of £116” as such - that would suggest a flat rate charge that had been applied. The only increase that has happened this month is an increase on the unit rates for some customers to bring them into the line with the EPG rates - and an increase on unit charges will amount to a different sum for everyone it affects. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills