BETA

Ask An Expert: ENERGY

This event is now over. Thanks for your questions. Experts MSE Andrew & MSE Clare have finished posting replies to many of them

Please note: our experts DO NOT offer personal financial advice. Heed the MSE Forum rules and keep it clean, kind & MoneySaving.

Problem with Revolut and a scam merchant

Options
derenia
derenia Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 2 June 2023 at 4:17PM in Ask An Expert: Archive
Hi!
I have difficulty with Revolut, I wonder if you can give an advice.

In a few words, I have several transactions (trading deposits) in dispute (all to the same merchant that appeared to be a scammer not from UK).

Revolut refused to process some transactions, but started the chargeback process for the remaining ones and kept me posted about the process. 
Then after weeks of waiting, they emailed me that they contacted the merchant and the merchant provided documents, and therefore Revolut cannot return the money. I asked to see the documents, and it appeared that Revolut didn’t contact the merchant at all. They just made an internal decision to refuse and pretended that communication was happening while sending me emails asking to wait.
But one of the disputes (I confirm, all the transactions were the same and to the same merchant) returned as a success and Revolut returned money, but for only one transaction out of several.
After I filed a complaint, they refused to process other disputes the same way and return the money and stopped replying ever since.

When I contacted VISA customer service, they advised that I can only discuss this with Revolut.

I escalated this to the Ombudsman and am waiting for their reply.

Did you hear of similar situations and know how they were resolved?

Is there a way to escalate this to VISA directly even though Revolut refused to do so?

Thanks in advance!
1 votes

Ask An Expert: Not Chosen · Last Updated

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family