Escalate a British Airways complaint

Options
Dear MoneySavingExpert Forum,

I would like some advice on how I can escalate a complaint I have raised with British Airways that has not been resolved satisfactorily.

I had first contacted them in October 2022 regarding an issue I was having with my BA/Avios accounts. I somehow have two BA/Avios accounts, with different account numbers, registered to the same email. This means when I go to log in to my account (which is accessed via email, not account number) I can only access one of the accounts. I was also contacting them about another (I believe to be related) issue that neither I, nor BA staff at the airport, could assign a recent flight to either of my accounts.

Since early October 2022, I have contacted them several times via phone to try and get this resolved. After multiple attempts via phone (often over an hour with customer services each time), and with no other means of contact, I used their complaints portal to raise a complaint in early November, which I followed up with two more complaints (n.b. the option to update my complaint via their portal did not work, hence multiple complaints).

It is now early January and after calling them again this week I still have no resolution in sight. It doesn't look like there is an Ombudsman that I can escalate to. I considered the CAA but from their website it looks like they only handle issues around flights (baggage, delays etc.) and not a matter such as this. I am really unsure what other options are available to me. I cannot leave the matter unresolved as I have tens of thousands of points in an account I cannot access, which would be enough for a significant long-haul flight.

Please could anyone offer any suggestions of where else to go from here? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It might be worth trying to log in again.  I’ve just managed to do it on the website using only my Exec Club number.

In terms of escalation I can only suggest the Twitter team or via the Management team (a complaint to Sean Doyle may get picked up by a more senior resolution team).

The only other practical advice I can offer is that if you can log in with your Exec Club number you could then set up a Household Account with both of your accounts, allowing you to access both sets of Avios easily.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do these two BA/Avios accounts relate to separate credit cards?

As my take on this would be that BA have nothing to do with the accounts, it will be down to the card companies or

https://www.avios.com/gb/en

Life in the slow lane
  • cmthephoenix
    Options

Since early October 2022, I have contacted them several times via phone to try and get this resolved. After multiple attempts via phone (often over an hour with customer services each time), and with no other means of contact, I used their complaints portal to raise a complaint in early November, which I followed up with two more complaints (n.b. the option to update my complaint via their portal did not work, hence multiple complaints).

It is now early January and after calling them again this week I still have no resolution in sight. It doesn't look like there is an Ombudsman that I can escalate to. I considered the CAA but from their website it looks like they only handle issues around flights (baggage, delays etc.) and not a matter such as this. I am really unsure what other options are available to me. I cannot leave the matter unresolved as I have tens of thousands of points in an account I cannot access, which would be enough for a significant long-haul flight.

What have they told you on these phone calls about your issue?

It may not be ideal but it may get you to where you want to be. Have you tried combining these 2 accounts into a household account?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback