Link Zopa to Santander eSaver

edited 4 January at 4:35PM in Savings & investments
5 replies 332 views
phillwphillw Forumite
5.3K Posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 4 January at 4:35PM in Savings & investments
I wanted to link my Zopa account to a Santander eSaver account, but I don't get monthly statements for it. Is there a way of getting a statement so I can upload it to Zopa?

Thanks

Replies

• edited 4 January at 5:02PM
    refluxerrefluxer Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 January at 5:02PM
    I can't see a way of generating one in online banking. Are you sure Zopa will require one ? I would imagine Santander are part of the CoP scheme, if that's relevant.

I might be wrong, but I don't remember having to send Zopa any proof of my nominated account - my bank is also a member of the CoP scheme, which might explain why it was approved electronically ?
  • phillwphillw Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    refluxer said:
    I can't see a way of generating one in online banking. Are you sure Zopa will require one ? I would imagine Santander are part of the CoP scheme, if that's relevant.

I might be wrong, but I don't remember having to send Zopa any proof of my nominated account - my bank is also a member of the CoP scheme, which might explain why it was approved electronically ?
    It's asking for a pdf or scan of a statement in the app, I can't remember if I needed to do this when I first set up Zopa or whether it's just part of the process for adding a new linked account.

• edited 4 January at 5:45PM
    refluxerrefluxer Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 January at 5:45PM
    phillw said:
    refluxer said:

It's asking for a pdf or scan of a statement in the app, I can't remember if I needed to do this when I first set up Zopa or whether it's just part of the process for adding a new linked account.

Ah, OK - it was a while ago so maybe I did need to send them one, then. I had a quick look through the Key Features document for the Santander eSaver account but couldn't see any mention of statement frequency - it simply says that they'll be uploaded to the Document Store in online banking but I haven't received any yet, despite opting for monthly interest when I opened the account back in October. Most of the other savings accounts I have of this nature issue monthly online statements.
  • Band7Band7 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Zopa are very difficult if you want to link anything but a standard UK current account. I tried to link my Fineco Bank current account, and they wouldn't accept it, even with a bank statement, which looks very different to all other UK current account statements I have ever seen. Zopa  would also not add a WISE account because I couldn't provide a bank statement for them.

As to the Santander esaver: You should get one in April

• AmityNeonAmityNeon Forumite
    273 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You can link a Chase Saver account, which is close enough in rate to the Santander eSaver if that's your primary concern.