We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Non barcode stamps cut off date confusion

Options
2»

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Monkey2K said:
    I understand that the the 'use by deadline' has been extended from 31st January 2023 to 31st July 2023 but has the deadline for exchanging or swapping otu old stamps been extended too?
    There is no cut off date (yet) for exchanging non-barcoded stamps.
  • Oldchap
    Oldchap Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 January 2023 at 3:37PM
    Options
    Royal Mails sites still say 31/1/2023 everywhere but I have been telling people its now  31st July 2023 after  the recent article below by  Emily White of MSE

Should this MSE article be corrected or removed?

• NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No - because the article is not wrong.   Well - there are dubious statements but in principle it still gives the correct information.   The stamps do become invalid after 31st Jan, but the recipient will not be surcharged until after 31st July.  So you can still use them or swap them.   The polite thing to do would be to swap them.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps  read the 5th bullet point in the last section.  

I need to think of something new here...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback