We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here goes…

Options
I’ve have been a lurker for the longest ever time, and now, I find myself with a ‘manageable’Amount of debt.  My goal is 100 days, which brings me to April 10th 2023 £50 a day is where I need to be and so far this year I’m on track, payday is tomorrow so I should be able to pay the lot off the debt,  🤞🏻 the dog has stuck a spanner in the works slightly as he’s booked in the vets today for a procedure I believed to be around £200 however they have already said there’s complications and it will be more like £400. I’m so sick of being in debt this is finally the year I’m going to clear it, around 2017 the debt totalled £29000 so we have made big inroads. Last push to get it gone £4850 to go. Wish me luck. 

Comments

• WinterWarrior
    Options
    Good luck!
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £2000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 6 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• MissPennySave
    MissPennySave Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 January 2023 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Good luck!! Sorry to hear about your dog, hope he/she gets on okay at the vets today.x
    November 2022 - £46,626.96 / July 2024 - £23,530.00
    Debt paid off so far - £23,096.96 (49.53%)

Current Challenges:
    #15 DFBXMAS24 £8572.80 / £14000 (61.23% paid)

Completed Challenges:
    #41 DFBXMAS23 £14751.96 / £12000 (122.93% paid off)

MissPennySave's Debt Free Diary - DFW Diary
  • jacseb
    jacseb Posts: 17 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck!! Sorry to hear about your dog, hope he/she gets on okay at the vets today.x
    Thanks, he’s being castrated so fairly routine… but they will have to go searching for 1 testicle  hence the increased cost! 🙄
  • MissPennySave
    Options
    jacseb said:
    Thanks, he’s being castrated so fairly routine… but they will have to go searching for 1 testicle  hence the increased cost! 🙄
     :/ oh dear, hope they find it quickly!!! 
    November 2022 - £46,626.96 / July 2024 - £23,530.00
    Debt paid off so far - £23,096.96 (49.53%)

Current Challenges:
    #15 DFBXMAS24 £8572.80 / £14000 (61.23% paid)

Completed Challenges:
    #41 DFBXMAS23 £14751.96 / £12000 (122.93% paid off)

MissPennySave's Debt Free Diary - DFW Diary
  • jacseb
    Options
    Vets called dog is recovering well, testicle found in groin area so more expensive than the £200 but less than £400 🤷🏼‍♀️… we’ll see when we get there!  

• jacseb
    edited 4 January 2023 at 5:42PM
    Options
    £274 spent in the vets, a birthday to get through on the weekend and then I’m done spending for January, we always have a reset month which really helps get things back on track this year will be no different, I’ve already paid £50 a day so far this month so 4/100 but to be honest that’s what the minimum payment was set at so things will get more interesting from here on in.. payday is tomorrow. 
  • jacseb
    edited 5 January 2023 at 10:21AM
    Options
    So payday today and todays £50 has been put to my credit card balance,   £3550 to go … 5/100 paid, I’ve tucked the rest of my pay into my savings account ready to transfer each day if I do it in one go I’ll have nothing left for an emergency. So hopefully if I can be as frugal as possible this month we should be able to make a big dent in the card.

After that there’s £1200 on my v3ry  account, that’ll be next,  it is interest free! And I’ve not included in the debt but maybe I should,  the fact I have £1700 owing to SPower. They didn’t bill me last year for gas despite me chasing them most of the year, then they hit me with a massive bill in October, they have said I’ve 3 years to pay but it needs to go or I’ll be chasing my tail all year. 
  • jacseb
    edited 5 January 2023 at 10:15AM
    Options
    So In light of what I just said about the fact  I wouldn’t be able to deal with an emergency I just started an emergency fund, used my £10 NWest monthly reward which just became payable plus I rounded down my accounts and have an official figure of £13.15/£1000 usually I transfer the reward money to my main account and it’s hits the abyss and is gone!  Hopefully this will make me more accountable. 
  • jacseb
    Options
    Monzo offered a £10 sign up bonus for me and anyone who takes advantage of the offer: so a free £10 if anyone fancies trying it out! Pm me for the link..  as I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post xx
  • jacseb
    Options
    So today’s payment has been made 6/100  I have really reigned in the spending this week I’ve changed a £20 voucher I had into Asda vouchers and went yesterday and bought enough to make up yesterdays tea and bread cheese etc so only spent 10p of my own cash , and I’ve just pulled some shredded turkey from the freezer to mix with 3 shrivelled peppers in the fridge to use with an enchilada kit I found at the back of the cupboard, I’ve also pulled 6 packets of Mug Sh@t type things and pot n@@dles  out of the cupboard so the kids can choose one of those each for lunch in a bid to use up what we have,  before I go and do a food shop on the weekend. I also found 6 pork loin in the freezer so that’s Sundays tea sorted too! A handful of sausages and a casserole packet has also been collected while foraging through the kitchen, So a meal there to add to the meal plan for next week as well… it’s all saving me money! 😃
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback