out of contract with Sky

Options
 Have been with SKY for nearly 22 years and am a Diamond VIP customer, currently my bill is £124.50 a month  (TV £89 + £35.50 Broadband +Talk). On speaking with Sky in order to see about reducing the price, the best offer I got was £107.50 which would include Netflix (currently I pay separately to Netflix) for the 1st 4 months then rising to £112.50 pm. Personally given the time I've been a sky customer I don't think the offer is a very good one, I cant go with Virgin media as not available in my area. So really need to stay with Sky, do I call them back and haggle more?

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    Options
    You could. 

But more effective to cancel and wait for a good offer.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    71PATT said:
     Have been with SKY for nearly 22 years and am a Diamond VIP customer, currently my bill is £124.50 a month  (TV £89 + £35.50 Broadband +Talk). On speaking with Sky in order to see about reducing the price, the best offer I got was £107.50 which would include Netflix (currently I pay separately to Netflix) for the 1st 4 months then rising to £112.50 pm. Personally given the time I've been a sky customer I don't think the offer is a very good one, I cant go with Virgin media as not available in my area. So really need to stay with Sky, do I call them back and haggle more?

If it works out cheaper to split the TV and Broadband/Phone up, then do that.  You are not obliged to keep that with Sky.  Whoever you are with the Catch-Up/on-demand/Netflix will still work.

You can probably beat £35.50 elsewhere, and then you can haggle down the TV price on its own.

Bundling everything together isn't always cheaper.  It might be more convenient but it doesn't mean it's ideal.
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a broadband and talk deal at £35.50pm which ends at the end of the month. A renewals been offered at £30.50 and I posted on here to see if anyone had any experience of negotiating with Sky. It was suggested I looked for the same deals with other providers and use that as leverage which I intend to do. Like you I’d prefer to stay with Sky simply because I’ve had issues with others in the past.
    As for the TV element of your deal, I assume you’re taking pretty much every package going, sport, movies . . I didn’t bother taking TV but bought an Amazon Firestick, subscribing separately for Netflix etc. Would that be an option?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback