Gifts for grandchildren

in Cutting tax
2 replies 138 views
JasonjxbJasonjxb Forumite
4 Posts
First Post
My father will be going into a care home shortly and we will need to sell his house to enable us to pay care home fees.  Can he gift his grandchildren (I believe £3k per year) from the funds of his sale or do all the proceeds need to left to pay for fees?  The fees will be £80k per year.


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users... pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools