Minimum stay period for Halifax?

Options
I did a switch to Halifax around 4 months ago and got the switcher bonus of £150. Does anyone know if there is a minimum stay period or am I free to switch somewhere else? I know some banks like RBS had a 'switch and stay' previously where you had to stay for 12 months. Thanks

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 December 2022 at 7:06PM
    Options
    There is no 'stay' requirement  for the Halifax Reward after you get the switch. But there is the Reward's £60 PA tax free you may wish to consider? 
  • Nova1307
    Options
    soulsaver said:
    There is no 'stay' requirement  for the Halifax Reward after you get the switch. But there is the Reward's £60 PA tax free you may wish to consider? 

Thanks. I'm not meeting the criteria for the £60 rewards and so I may as well switch to another account
  • Bridlington1
    Options
    Nova1307 said:
    soulsaver said:

Thanks. I'm not meeting the criteria for the £60 rewards and so I may as well switch to another account
    You can easily meet the criteria for the £5/mth. Transfer £1.5k in from an account you hold elsewhere (doesn't have to be in one go), then make a £500 deposit into a savings account by debit card and Bob's your uncle. You can transfer the remaining £1k out straight away if you want. I've got 3 of these accounts for an easy £180/year.
  • Nova1307
    Options
    Nova1307 said:
    soulsaver said:

You can easily meet the criteria for the £5/mth. Transfer £1.5k in from an account you hold elsewhere (doesn't have to be in one go), then make a £500 deposit into a savings account by debit card and Bob's your uncle. You can transfer the remaining £1k out straight away if you want. I've got 3 of these accounts for an easy £180/year.
    Thanks. Might seem like a daft question but how do I use my debit card to transfer to one of my other accounts? I thought I could only do a manual bank transfer or set up a standing order. 
  • Bridlington1
    Options
    Nova1307 said:
    Nova1307 said:
    soulsaver said:

Thanks. Might seem like a daft question but how do I use my debit card to transfer to one of my other accounts? I thought I could only do a manual bank transfer or set up a standing order. 
    Most accounts don't let you make deposits by debit card. There are however a few savings account providers that let you make deposits by debit card including:
    -YBS 
    -NS&I
    -Cambridge BS
    -Skipton BS
    The list goes on. It's usually just a case of opening an account with the savings account provider then logging into internet banking, clicking deposit by debit card and entering your debit card details. Only takes a minute or so once the account's set up.
  • Nova1307
    Options

Most accounts don't let you make deposits by debit card. There are however a few savings account providers that let you make deposits by debit card including:
    -YBS 
    -NS&I
    -Cambridge BS
    -Skipton BS

I don't have any accounts with banks/BS on your list but I do have Vanguard who accept deposits by debit card and so problem solved! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback