Tesco groceries delivery

Hello
I was saying to my wife that our delivery due for between 9 & 10am today would be late as all the side roads are still mostly iced up at the time.
I was aware they drive Merc vans that are automatic and rear will drive, so slow on deliveries

Pleasant surprise the nic delivery guy arrive 10 mins early. I told him I was expecting them to be late.
He told me the vans had all-weather tyres a move Tesco made after the last lot of snow 3/4 years ago

(Even their phone line staff are really good)

Thank you, Tesco.

Comments

• Yes, I highly rate Tesco delivery. Never a bad experience, cheery drivers even in the worst conditions.
    Old enough to know better...........

• diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, I highly rate Tesco delivery. Never a bad experience, cheery drivers even in the worst conditions.
    Thanks
    About the drivers, 99% are like that I've had to complain about one rude one.
    Even their groceries are all good/ok and 95% of the time we are happy with the dates
    and the other 5% are ok.
    Thank for sharing
    :)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello
    I was saying to my wife that our delivery due for between 9 & 10am today would be late as all the side roads are still mostly iced up at the time.
    I was aware they drive Merc vans that are automatic and rear will drive, so slow on deliveries

Pleasant surprise the nic delivery guy arrive 10 mins early. I told him I was expecting them to be late.
    He told me the vans had all-weather tyres a move Tesco made after the last lot of snow 3/4 years ago

Thank you, Tesco.

Have you fed this back to Tesco, Im sure the driver would like to be told he did a good job.
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DCFC79 said:
    Hello

Thank you, Tesco.

Have you fed this back to Tesco, Im sure the driver would like to be told he did a good job.
    Yes......... do it almost every week.
    :)
  • I agree with you, diystarter7 and others. And not just in relation to Tesco. I find that Ocado ( I have been a proud shareholder for 10 years)  is the best, followed by Tesco and  Waitrose. They are all reliable in all weathers and all situations; and their drivers---who probably work for very low wages---are always cheerful, with nothing too much trouble ( Ocado and Tesco will deliver all shopping to our fridge or kitchen table if needed). I am convinced that supermarket deliveries, not yet taken off really in terms of customer usage, are the future for all shoppers especially based on the wonderful examples they are setting at present.
  • Ocado drivers do not work for very low wages. My son drives for Ocado and prior to this he worked for Tesco. Ocado pay much better and have better terms and more perks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback