Praise for Royal Mail

I ordered a Christmas jumper on Tuesday using tracked 48 delivery, knowing strikes were happening and it may be quite delayed - I still hoped that was plenty of time to get it to me. It arrived this morning, just four days later. Considering that for two of those days they were on strike, it's right on time! 

I've seen plenty of horror stories about things going very wrong with deliveries, but the vast majority of the time things happen as they should, which I do truly appreciate. I could most certainly survive without my totally non-essential jumper, but this year they've also delivered covid tests, bank cards and other important things to me without a hitch. If you're currently annoyed at a delayed delivery, please try to remember the hundreds of items you have received on time and greet your postie with a smile when it does arrive! 

Comments

• Hi

We have been waiting for imprtant letters, EG calculations of pensions etc and hard copies of guarantees etc and it is frustrating.

We've been waiting for a few toys for the grandkid's orders last week. However, we have countermeasures in place.

They have a right to strike and we are aware of it but its not good and we are not happy and nor can praise them but we do understand why they are doing this.

Waiting for my drivers licence for weeks, intially delays be dvla and now post and i fear it could get lost in the delays

Thanks

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,263
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Glad that you're happy, OP.

I, on the other hand, am not. A Special Delivery parcel I posted on Tuesday, a  day before the two-day strike, is still languishing at the Post Office according to the tracking). 
  • Mnoee said:
     If you're currently annoyed at a delayed delivery, please try to remember the hundreds of items you have received on time and greet your postie with a smile when it does arrive! 
    I couldn't agree more. Thx for saying what the vast silent majority feel, Mnoee. Merry Xmas to you and to our trusty postmen/women.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback